Have You Completed either of the Mindfulness Teacher Training pathways below:
MindfulnessUK Integrating Mindfulness and Compassion in Professional Practice
(IMCPP) Qualification, accredited by the CPBAB
Breathworks Teacher Training
Are You Now looking to deliver Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Gold Standard MBSR Course?
If so, you can apply for a Conversion Course to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Teacher Training with Karen Atkinson at MindfulnessUK.
The Conversion Course takes in to consideration the prior knowledge, understanding and experience of teaching Mindful meditation practices learners already have through achieving the IMCPP or Breathworks training pathway. This means learners only attend 3 teaching days instead of 6, the usual amount of the MBSR TT Pathway and the cost is significantly lower.
It is still a 12 month training pathway and is in accordance with the UK Mindfulness
Network Regulations, Good Practice Guidelines and MBI-TAC.
The course includes:
- The assessment process- when to teach and when not to
- Background to secular mindfulness
- A detailed week by week 8 week programme for each session of the MBSR course
- Exploration of the inquiry process
- A lovely booklet of poems, prose and stories to include in your teaching
- Guidance and experiential learning of all the mindfulness practices, exercises, strategies and techniques
- Dynamics around holding a group
- Dealing with difficulties and pain
- How to be a mindful teacher and the 8 attitudes
- Encouraging, setting and helping the participants sustain home practice
- Advice and support in setting up your own courses
- Assessment of the student’s portfolio
- Referee to the UK Mindfulness Network regulated List of Teachers
Pre-requisites: Applicants must have completed the MBSR course in a group setting, have a regular mindfulness practice of 6 months or more and follow ethical codes of conduct.
The cost of £825 includes x 3 days face to face teaching, review of portfolio, advice and support throughout the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training route and acting as referee to recommend the learner to the UK Network of Mindfulness Teachers regulated Listing at the end of the training.
Please note that supervision for the first 2 courses is offered remotely via Skype or telephone. The learner will be asked to submit audio or video, along with weekly lesson plans, to support the process of supervision. There is an additional cost for weekly supervision.
Learners will also be required to attend a one day Inquiry Workshop, a 5 day silent retreat (adhering to the GPG’s), both for additional cost, maintain a mindfulness meditation diary and submit a CPD portfolio at the end of the training to receive a certificate and apply for the UK Listing of Mindfulness Teachers.