Are you looking to deliver the MBSR Course?
If so, the MindfulnessUK 12 month training pathway meets training regulations with the British Association of Mindfulness-Based Approaches.
You can choose to train with us in a number of ways:
ONE- a training course comprising of individual training days spread throughout the year
TWO- a teacher training retreat course
THREE- a conversion course for those who are already trained teachers eg Breathworks, who would like to also deliver the MBSR
All Teacher Training courses include:
- The assessment process- when to teach and when not to
- Background to secular mindfulness
- A detailed week by week 8 week programme for each session of the MBSR course
- Exploration of the inquiry process
- A lovely booklet of poems, prose and stories to include in your teaching
- Guidance and experiential learning of all the mindfulness practices, exercises, strategies and techniques
- Dynamics around "holding" a group
- Dealing with difficulties and pain
- How to be a mindful teacher and the 8 attitudes of mindfulness
- Encouraging, setting and helping the participants sustain home practice
- Advice and support in setting up your own courses
- Assessment of the student's portfolio
- Referee to the regulated List of Teachers
Pre-requisites: Applicants must have completed the MBSR course in a group setting and have a regular mindfulness practice of 6 months or more.
Course cost: The cost includes x6 days face to face teaching, review of portfolio, advice and support throughout the Continuous Professional Development (CPD) training route and acting as referee to recommend the learner to the regulated Listing at the end of the training.
Supervision: Please note that supervision for the first 2 courses is an essential part of the training and is offered remotely via Skype or telephone. The learner will be asked to submit audio or video, along with weekly lesson plans, to support the process of supervision. There is an additional cost for weekly supervision. You can, however, charge participants.for these courses.
Additional Elements: Learners will also be required to attend a one day Process of Inquiry Masterclass with Karen Atkinson (author of Compassionate Mindful Inquiry in Therapeutic Practice), a 5 day silent retreat (adhering to the GPG's), both for additional cost, maintain a mindfulness meditation diary and submit a CPD portfolio at the end of the training to receive a certificate and apply for the Teachers' Listing.
Retreat: MindfulnessUK's next retreat to fulfil the GPG's at Sharpham House 24-28th November 2019 BOOK RETREAT HERE
Please be aware that applications are currently being processed for Taunton and London, 2019 and 2020 as well as the conversion course, so please apply now via the link at the bottom of the page.
Conversion Course from Other Training Courses to MBSR Teaching
If you have already completed the Integrating Mindfulness and Compassion qualification, or are a trained teacher with other organisations such as Breathworks, a shorter conversion course is available to you, recognising prior learning. Please see details of this training below.